Junior Java & Clojure Developers
Opportunity for Computer, Engineering, Maths, Music & Humanities Graduates
We are looking to recruit graduates who are interested in developing their knowledge of Java, Clojure or Oracle programming for a web environment, and in particular those with an affinity for working with Unix/Linux environments.
While experience in computer science is desirable, we are interested also in applications from Engineering, Maths, Music and Humanities graduates; where the applicant has demonstrated a methodical and logical approach to tackling problems, and a record of completing tasks and projects to a high standard.
We provide each candidate with full training in Java/ Clojure programming and the Agile approach to software development.
General Skills Required
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Experience and an affinity for working with Unix/Linux environments a plus
Desirable Technical Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of SQL (ideally Oracle) and database structures
- Knowledge of Internet/Web technologies, such as web browsers, http, and html
- An appreciation of the benefits of test-driven development
Training and Experience Provided to Successful Candidates
- Exposure to the functional programming language Clojure
- Strong PL/SQL programming skills
- Understanding and appreciation of how to properly structure relational databases
- Production performance troubleshooting skills
- Extensive experience in designing clean and functional Web Application UI’s
- Full training in the Spring Framework, Tapestry 5, maven
The job will be offered on a full-time basis, and successful candidates will be based at our headquarters in the centre of Killorglin, Co. Kerry in our modern, comfortable offices. The starting salary is competitive, and full training is provided throughout your career in Annadale. We also provide a tailored ‘Moving to Kerry’ package for candidates who are relocating to Kerry.
If you require further information, or if you wish to submit a CV please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.